Skin Cancer, Take a Hike!™
HIKING REMOTE ALASKA WITH YAKS
July 15-20, 2018
Beginning with a flight to our camp, we spend the long Alaskan days hiking below the great beauty of mountains such as Denali and Foraker. The trails are moderate and surrounded by the lush green landscape of arctic wilderness. Hikers will likely pass a wide array of wildlife, including wolves, bears, caribou, moose and sheep.
EXPERT LEVEL: MODERATE
You will be hiking off-trail over steep and uneven terrain, often covering more than 6 miles in a day with up to 2,000' of elevation gain/loss.
Walking on tundra and tussocks is a bit like walking on a beach covered in small mounds of sand - it can be a bit tiring. So, while the distances and elevation gains may not seem too arduous, the trek can often be a bit more tiring than expected.
NOTE: All nights camping during the trek are in the remote outback wilderness of Alaska. No showers or facilities are available while in the field.
- Highly trained guides to lead the group and yaks to help carry gear during the trek
- All camping gear, including expedition quality tents, group tent, all cooking equipment and eating utensils
- Safety equipment, such as satellite phone, maps, GPS, and medical kit
- Flight transfers to/from campsite
- All meals duing the trek
- Ground transportation to/from airport and hotels
- A celebratory dinner on the final night
- Overnight hotel accommodations on the first and last nights of the adventure
|Dec. 15, 2017||Registration due (or once all available spots are filled)|
|Mar. 15, 2018||50% of minimum fundraising amount ($5,000) due|
|Jun. 1, 2018||Flight itinerary confirmations and proof of travel insurance policy due (not included)|
|Jul. 1, 2018||Remaining amount to reach 100% of minimum fundraising amount ($10,000) due
Any cancellation must be emailed to Crystal Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.